Vote Below For The Annual Ardent Roof Giveaway. Grand Prize Is A Roof Replacement Up To $10,000!!! 
*Picture Of Past Winners
Rebecca Musslewhite Nominating Catherine Musslewhite
My mother, Cathy Musslewhite Just got a third Cancer Diagnosis at age 49. She was first diagnosed 6 years ago with breast cancer and now it has come back twice and is in her Spine. She is the best mom a daughter could have ever asked for. She had to stop working last year as a bus driver for the city because of her vision problems. Her roof shingles are all curled up and I know she cant afford to have them replaced. I wish there was some way I could help.
Dawn Smith Nominating
Richard Smith
Story starts 3 years ago when Richard was diagnosis with aggressive prostate cancer, and severe arthritis requiring complete knee replacements in both right and left knees. First he had his prostate removed. Over the next few months he had 2 urinary blockages requiring 2 more painful procedures to clear blockages. 8 months later he was cleared to have his left knee replaced.That was a disaster. He ended up with 4 major infections. He was in hospital for 2 months and had a double I.V. inserted directly to his heart and was pumped with aggressive antibiotics 24 hours a day and had several life threatening complications with I.V. Iwas told to call family in 3 separate times during his hospital stay because he was not expected to live. He required several blood transfusions. He had a second surgery to flush out infected knee parts. He had a 3rd surgery to remove replacement knee and install a concrete block with infused antibiotics into his leg and had a stationary knee brace put on his leg. He was sent home with I.V.s to his heart and 2- I.V. pumps that we had to keep refilling every 8 hours for 2 months, and the knee brace that could not be removed. He then had a 4th surgery to remove concrete block and insert the new knee again. We were told it was a miracle he lived. Summerizing he had 5 major surgeries in less than 1 year, He is impotent. He has incontinence, he was in hospital for 2 months and bedridden for 5 months. He had 4 different infections (super bugs) and 24 hour I.V.s to his heart for 4 months. He had kidney failure and 17 blood transfusions. He is diagnosed with medical PTSD and depression. He is now in a wheelchair permanently and being treated for chronic pain. Oh yea he still needs his right knee replaced but surgeons said no one will touch him as he will only have 20 percent chance of living through the surgery. His house desperately needs a new roof and he is stressed about it leaking and has exhausted his finances. Thank you.
*Picture Of Past Winners
Wade Poloway Nominating
Tamara Poloway
Please allow me to introduce you to my daughter, Tamara, and her children, Emily (7) and Jack (6). Tamara was born on a cold winter day, November 1, 1984. She is my first child, and my only daughter. Fast forward about 24 years …. 

In April of 2009, we had the pleasure of meeting Tamara’s new boyfriend, Kurtis. Little did we know, that at that time, Tamara was already pregnant with their first child. Talk about fast! The only problem that arouse out of the situation was that 6 short months, Kurtis would be deploying to Afghanistan with the Canadian Forces, as a combat engineer. On October 18, 2009 Kurtis deployed. There was a 99% chance that he wouldn’t be home to see the birth of his daughter, Emily. 

Fast forward to a short 26 days later. On November 12, 2009, Tamara woke up to a phone call from Kurtis’ mom, asking if she could stop by. In an instant, she knew something wasn’t right. She got up and got dressed. There was a knock at the door. There stood two men dressed in their military green’s and Kurtis’ mom. Cue the tears. He had stepped directly on a buried landmine. He was alive, barely, and missing one, possibly both legs… but alive.   
Cue the panic – Tamara was now nearly 7 months pregnant. Would the doctor clear her to fly to Germany?   She did. 

Kurtis had many, many surgeries. He spent many days in the ICU, and many more following in the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital. Tamara was with him, every single waking hour of every single day. Kurtis finally got to come home for a bit, just 2 days before Christmas. On January 19, 2010, they welcomed their first child, Emily, into the world. Two months later, they bought their first home. Everything was going well, life was moving forward. 

In the summer of 2010, Tamara started not feeling well. As it turns out, Tamara was pregnant again. This time, with twins. One boy, one girl. Due April 8, 2011. Everything seemed to be going very well. The day after Emily’s first birthday party, Tamara woke up and got out of bed, her water broke. She started panicking. She was only 27.5 weeks along with these two little ones. They raced to the hospital, where she was put on bed rest. The next morning, however, these babies decided they didn’t want to wait any longer. It was time. Jack and Maleah were born on January 24, 2011, at 2lbs 14oz, and 2lbs 15 oz. Maleah however, was born with a congenital heart defect that would eventually require open heart surgery when she was a bit stronger. 

At this point in time, Tamara had not only a one-year-old at home, but one baby at the Royal Alex NICU, one at the Stollery Children’s Hospital NICU and a boyfriend in the Glenrose Hospital. She was constantly running from hospital to hospital to ensure that she got to spend quality time with each of them. In the very early morning hours of February 6, 2011, Tamara received the phone call that no parent ever wants to receive. “You need to get here, and you need to get here now.” Maleah wasn’t doing well. She needed a blood transfusion. She had a perforation in her bowel, and would require immediate surgery. Tamara raced to the hospital. She walked into the NICU and discovered beeping and screaming monitors, people racing around, a team of about 15 doctors and nurses working to keep her baby alive. It wasn’t enough.  Maleah passed away on February 6, 2011. Understandably, the pressure of funerals, children and life in general got to be too much, and Kurtis and Tamara separated in 2012. 

Tamara has been a single mom, doing her best to raise her children and keep life as happy and enjoyable as possible. Tamara and Kurtis co-parented amazingly. The love and respect they shared for each other was astounding. They were best friends. On December 18, 2015, Tamara received another phone call from Kurtis’ mom. Something was wrong again. Kurtis passed away in his sleep from a massive heart attack at only 33-years-old. Tamara and the kids were now on their own. Recently, Tamara decided to go back to school to continue her education. She will be starting September 6, 2017.  She had also decided that she wanted to take the summer off of work to be with Emily and Jack. They enjoyed numerous outings to the pool, camping, as well as a road trip to Drumheller, as well as to Vancouver. 

Shortly after leaving her job, and after one of our crazy rain/wind storms, Tamara discovered that the roof of their house is basically written off, and has a major leak above the garage.  As a single, student, widowed mother of two small children, she is in desperate need of a new roof. Providing a safe home and happy life for her children has always been the number one priority for her. It would give her the chance to continue her education, and provide a better future for her family. The money she would save would allow her to live a better life, and have less financial hardship. Going back to school and succeeding is one of the greatest examples she can set for her children. 

It is now solely up to Tamara to ensure her children have a good, stable life and to show them that even when life knocks you down, you can always get back up and reach your goals. It's important for them to see her overcome hardships so that they will be able to overcome theirs. 

My daughter has been through so much, and the stress of children, finances, and life in general just keeps piling on top of her. Not once has she complained, or asked for help or a hand out. And while she won’t, I will gladly write this letter, asking for help for my daughter. Fixing her roof would take a great weight off of her shoulders, and help her in so many ways. Thank you for taking the time to read the story of my daughters last 8 years, and I hope you will consider gifting her with a new roof. 
*Picture Of Past Winners
Cathy Brown Nominating
Al Dueck 
Al bought his house 5 yrs ago, before we moved in he had double pneumonia, he still kept working so we could move into the house. Things were good for awhile fixing the house up here and there as we could. One day the engine went in his semi truck, (he had his own business) he was working for gibbsons at the time hauling oil. Well he was off work for 2 yrs no money coming in at all, he began to get very sick from having the double pneumonia previous. He still went to work everyday while his truck was down he worked for another, we barley made ends meet. This year he had to go bankrupt he lost his company he had worked so hard for and tried so hard to keep, but the sickness and loosing the engine proved to be to much for one man. Even tho all this was happening he still got up everyday and worked with a smile, making ppl laugh. In my honest opinion he turkey is deserving of a new roof, as not only has he had to look after himself the house and everything else, I myself have disabilities he helps me with everyday, never once has he ever complained! I'm hoping u choose this man for the new roof as I know it would make a world of difference to not only the roof but to his whole mental and physical well being. Thank you for giving me a platform to be able to nominate a person I totally believe is deserving of this wonderful gift.
Trevor Hill
Telling Us His Story
In the last few years my family have been through a lot and winning a new roof would be a ray of sunshine amongst our dark clouds. It all started in the summer of 2014. I was in a severe quading accident at my aunt and uncles farm that left me with a shattered collar bone and a punctured lung. My first visit to the closest hospital consisted of them telling me I had broken my collar bone and punctured my lung, then I was released. A few hours later I woke up in extreme pain and was brought back to the hospital. I was given some muscle relaxers immediately and pain killers to take with me and sent on my way again. The next morning a few hours after waking up my voice started to change like I was inhaling helium. I was once again brought back to the hospital. This time I saw a different doctor. He said my injuries were very serious and I was sent to Calgary by ambulance to get a chest tube. I spent a week in the trauma unit recovering from the punctured lung. It took almost a year for my collar bone to fully heal. 
Early in 2015 my mom was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer. At that time she lived in the Northwest Territories, and our plan was for her to come live with my family so she could spend her time left with us and her only 2 grandchildren. She passed away about a month after she came to live with us. Having only 2 weeks living with us and the rest of the time in a hospice. 
In March of 2016 I was laid off and have been unable to find work in my trade. I've even tried to get labourer jobs but am considered overqualified for that kind of work. I don't get it, if I am willing to take a lower wage, what is the problem? 
Then in February of this year our beloved dog, Nanuk, suddenly became very lethargic and was brought to the vet. Apparently he had a cancerous growth on his spleen that ruptured. There was nothing that could be done as the cancer had ruptured into his chest cavity and totally infested his lungs. He was euthanized while in my embrace a few hours later. 
Finally in April my wife filed a bulling complaint at her work. At this time her doctor also put her on medical leave due to stress. She returned to work in May. The bulling complaint was still under review and all indication was that it was a serious matter. In July her complaint was passed on to the final department that would determine the appropriate action to be taken. The people my wife had the bulling complaint against have close ties with the people in that department. On July 18th my wife was contacted and informed that no action would be taken. On July 20th she was dismissed from her job without cause. This has been very hard on both of us. My wife has always been a very hard worker and takes great pride in her work, always putting her employers needs first. She always succumbs to bulling. I was very proud of her to finally stand up for herself, and tried to support and encourage her throughout the entire process. With the outcome, I feel I have let her down by encouraging her to fight a losing cause. I feel helpless because I've always been one to stand up against bullies in the defence of others and there is nothing I can do except to give her my support. And now she is questioning whether standing up for herself is worth it. 
With the winds we have had this summer our fence is now on the list of things around our house that needs replacing or fixing, and winning a new roof would lessen our financial burdens in that respect. Regardless of whether we win or not I would like to thank you, I found that writing in for this contest has been therapeutic.